LucidWorks Announces General Availability of LucidWorks Search 2.1
Next generation of LucidWorks Platform offers significant enhancements, along with improved functionality provided by Apache Lucene/Solr 4.0-dev.
Redwood City, Calif. – April 18, 2012 – Continuing its drive toward offering a unified approach to enterprise-wide information discovery, LucidWorks [formerly Lucid Imagination] announces the 2.1 release of its flagship product, LucidWorks Search. Built atop Apache Lucene/Solr 4.0-dev, LucidWorks Search provides capabilities that enable search of both structured and unstructured data located across an organization. Enhancements in scalability, high availability, performance, security and ease-of-use make LucidWorks Search 2.1 a rich and significant product release.
LucidWorks Search 2.1
Utilizing Apache Lucene/Solr as its base, LucidWorks Search 2.1 adds enterprise-class features and benefits that meet the demanding needs of organizations of any size. Out of the 37 Core Committers to the Apache Lucene/Solr project, 9 individuals work for LucidWorks, making the company the largest supporter of open source search. Enhancements provided in LucidWorks Search 2.1 include:
- Ability to schedule external data source crawling
- New connectors for high-speed Hadoop Distributed File System (HDFS), Twitter and Content Management Interoperability Services (CMIS)
- New framework to build custom connectors
Business Rules Integration
- Out-of-the-box integration with Drools Business Rules Management System (BRMS)
- New framework for integrating other BRMSs
- Ability to integrate business processes to influence search results and relevancy, modify facets, sort, and filter parameters, and divert search queries to a landing page. Business rules also allow businesses to modify the documents during the indexing process.
- Creation and configuration of fields directly from the user interface and REST API
- Schema-free configuration
Advanced Memory Settings
- Ability to manage buffer and cache settings directly from a secure admin user interface
Additional Important Enhancements
- Configuration of real-time search directly from the user interface
- Ability to crawl and index data at web scale through Nutch integration
- Ability to promote documents to the top of the search results
LucidWorks Search is available in two configurations: On-premise and Cloud (through LucidWorks Search). The company continues to be the leading industry specialists in Apache Lucene/Solr, offering support, services and training to the open source community in addition to its commercial offering, LucidWorks Search.
Apache Lucene/Solr 4.0-dev
LucidWorks’s development team, working with the community, has contributed a number of exciting new capabilities to the Lucene/Solr 4.0-dev trunk. Major feature areas have been added for near real time, fault tolerance and high availability, data durability, consistency, and easier cluster configuration, along with several performance improvements and bug fixes. LucidWorks Search 2.1 ships with the latest snapshot version of Lucene/Solr 4.0-dev and is available for download here. The latest build of Apache/Solr 4.0-dev is available here.
“Enterprise search provides one of the most powerful discovery tools available to organizations of any size. Layered on top of Lucene/Solr, LucidWorks adds enterprise-grade security, along with time-saving operational tools that streamline enterprise search configuration, deployment and operations. Offering these valuable search capabilities in the cloud increases an organization’s agility while allowing users to leverage untapped information assets in a cost-effective and timely manner. Hundreds of companies worldwide have turned to LucidWorks to gain these benefits quickly and easily through our unique cloud offering.”
—Paul Doscher, CEO, LucidWorks
- Watch the future of search unfold on the LucidWorks blog.
- Follow LucidWorks on Twitter @LucidImagineer and Facebook.
LucidWorks is the commercial company exclusively dedicated to Apache Lucene/Solr open source enterprise technology. The company provides free certified distributions, documentation, commercial-grade support, training, high-level consulting and value-added software for Lucene and Solr. Customers include AT&T, Sears, Ford, Verizon, Cisco, Elsevier, Zappos, The Guardian, The Motley Fool, Macy's, Qualcomm, Taser, Nordjyske Media, and many other household names around the world. LucidWorks is a privately held venture-funded company. The investors include Shasta Ventures, Granite Ventures, Walden International and In-Q-Tel. Learn more about the company at www.lucidworks.com.